We are seeking to appoint a KS1 Class Teacher for our ‘excellent’ school
Position: KS1 Class Teacher
Start Date: 4th September 2018
Independent School: Bury Catholic Preparatory School
Salary: Dependent on experience – Main Pay Scale / U1
Contract: Full time and permanent
Job expires: Thursday 26th April 2018 @ 4p.m.
The Governors of Bury Catholic Preparatory School are seeking to employ a talented, enthusiastic KS1 Class Teacher to join their dedicated and welcoming team of staff. In our most recent inspection report, ISI Nov 2016, we were ‘excellent in every category’. The person appointed must be able to support and promote the Catholic ethos of our school, and our commitment to keeping children at the heart of everything we do. Applicants should make clear their particular strengths and interests, which will make a significant contribution to the life of Bury Catholic Preparatory School. A willingness to contribute to the schools rich extra-curricular programme is essential.
Applications are invited from NQTs as well as experienced teachers.
Bury Catholic Preparatory School is highly regarded in the local area as a happy, nurturing and high achieving independent co-educational school. With 107 children aged 3-11, the school strives to give its pupils the best start in life by treating each child as an individual, providing opportunities for them to shine and their potential to develop. We have a team of hard working, committed staff, happy and enthusiastic children, who enjoy school and achieve excellent academic results transferring to local senior schools as well as into the independent sector. Parents value and support all that the school tries to achieve.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will support the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Has high expectations of pupils and is an excellent classroom practitioner.
- Can communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Will challenge all pupils to make excellent progress and have high expectations of the behaviour of all pupils.
- Can work as part of a friendly and successful team.
- Has a good sense of humour and is flexible.
- Has strong commitment to continuing professional development.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking pupils who have positive attitude towards learning
- Supportive parents and School Governing Body
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
- Part of a dynamic professional friendly team.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. This can be arranged by contacting Mrs Helen Penketh, the School Leadership Secretary on 0161 764 2346, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 26th April 2018 @4p.m.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 27th April.
Lesson observations will take place at BCPS on Tuesday 8th May and Wednesday 9th May. Successful candidates will be invited back for an interview on Friday 11th May.
Bury Catholic Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.